Cynthia Bevis, Managing Broker/REALTOR(R)
GRI, e-PRO, SRS, SRES, CSC
Hello! My name is Cindy Bevis. I am a life-long resident of Jefferson County. My family has been in Jefferson County for several generations. My husband Patrick and I have two grown daughters and six beautiful grand-babies! In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, crocheting, and reading.
I have been working in the real estate profession since 1996. I am a firm believer in education and have taken numerous continuing education classes to stay abreast of the changes and laws in my business. I have a strong work ethic and am a firm believer in the REALTORS® Code of Ethics. My goal is to offer all my clients and customers “Personal Attention, Professional Results” and assist you, your family and friends with all your real estate needs.
In 2011, I was honored to be selected as the Egyptian Board of REALTORS®, REALTOR® of the Year.
When I lived in Scheller, I was very active in my church, sang in the choir, and served on the church council from 2007-2010. In 2008, I was honored as a recipient of the Faith in the Marketplace award presented by The Messenger, the official diocesan magazine.
Since moving into Mt. Vernon, I attend St. Mary’s Church and serve as a Eucharistic server and lector.
- I am a member of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)
- Illinois REALTORS® (IR)
- Egyptian Board of REALTORS®
- Egyptian Board of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce (JCCC). I have served on the JCCC Small Business Council.
- Downtown Mt. Vernon Development Corporation (DMDC). I have served on the DMDC Economic Restructuring Committee. In 2011, I was honored to be selected as the DMDC Volunteer of the Year.
- Jefferson County Development Corporation (JCDC). I served 6 years on the Board of Directors for JCDC.
- I have served as Chairman of the Egyptian Board of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service Committee and enjoy the challenge of keeping my profession at the top of technology.
- I have served on the Egyptian Board of REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC).
- I have served as chairman of the Education/Technology Committee and the Finance Committee of the Egyptian Board of REALTORS®.
- I currently serve as President-Elect for the Egyptian Board of Realtors and am Chairman of the Contract Committee.
- I have previously served as President and Treasurer of the Board of Directors for Toys for Kids of Jefferson County. Toys for Kids of Jefferson County is a charitable organization that provides toys at Christmas for about 1,000 underprivileged children in Jefferson County.
- I have served on the Habitat for Humanity of Jefferson County Board of Directors.
- In 2009, I was appointed as Secretary of the Executive Board of the Southern Illinois Networking Association.
- I served as Treasurer for the now disbanded, local SINA group for many years.
- In 2008, I helped form the Southern Illinois Next Professional group, an extension of the Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce and served in a mentor capacity.
- In 2007, I completed the three annual classes to obtain the designation of Graduate REALTORS® Institute (GRI).
- I have completed the courses for my e-PRO designation. e-PRO Certification is NAR’s new online training program to certify real estate professionals as Internet Professionals.
- I have completed a Certified Staging Class to receive my CSC certification.
- In 2014, I completed the SRS, Seller Representative Specialist designation.
- In 2015, I completed the SRES, Senior Real Estate Specialist, to help me serve my generation of the Baby Boomers better!